cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
17 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Tablet mode works intermittently on 15-ch0xx

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Usually tablet mode doesn't trigger automatically when I fold it over 180-degrees. All of the settings saying to switch automatically are on. I have the latest drivers installed from HP related to sensors. What usually gets it working is powering it off, holding the power for 30 seconds, then turning it back on. Something I read on the HP support forums related to this issue. 75% of the time this gets it working, but then the following day it is back to not working.
Any suggestions for a permanent fix?
I haven't tried a clean install yet of Windows 10, but will in the next week or so since I am putting a new hard drive in it.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
17 5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, figured out what the issue was thanks to Reddit. Apparently, if you are using Notebook Fan Control (NBFC) it screws up the EC by locking it which this particular laptop doesn't like and prevents things like tablet mode working automatically. 

Which brings me to a second point: why do I need to use NBFC to get the fan noise under control and can HP please get their stuff together with this?

With the fan totally turned off (using NBFC) this laptop idle sits at around 45C; under a normal load (browsing, word processing, etc.) it gets up around 50-52C; watching video, listening audio, recording audio, web dev and programming 58-60C, maybe. I had NBFC setup to only turn the fans when it hit 75C. The only time that ever that happens is why game dev or playing games.

Here I am not using NBFC and letting it do its stock thing, listening to the fans and it is idle at 40C and normal load at around 45-47C. So I have to listen to these fans for a 5C differential? Come on... please get it together and at least give us the option to adjust it without locking the EC down. Yeah, you guys have an app that is basically useless and the settings don't do anything... at all.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation