Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Dv2500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello guys! I have a problem with my notebook after an unsuccesful BIOS upgade.  I started freezing and showing multiple screen images...

The original version was F.13,  I tried to upgrade to F.2E, but that seems it is not the right one to my notebook, could you please send a link from where I download the right file?

No problem if it's not the latest one, my goal is to put the notebook running OK again.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I did everything you told, but unsuccessful...

I´ll buy another board and go ahead, I want to thank you a lot for the help, that is a lesson to me for the future.

My best regards,

Vagner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The oldest file I could find is F.25.

This is for notebooks with the Intel processors.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38252.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I downloaded the file and udated the BIOS, nothing changed.  

I really don't know what to do, maybe I've lost my board...

Sometimes it works well, but most of the times it is like the photos show:2020-8-9 20-5-57.jpg2020-8-9 20-7-46.jpg2020-8-10 21-22-47.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that reverting the BIOS didn't help.

I have two suggestions you can try and that is all the help I can be regarding the issue you are having.

1.  Go into the BIOS and set it to its defaults, save the settings and exit.

If the problem still persists after doing that, then...

2. Perform a hard or forced reset of the notebook.

See this link for how to do that...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I did everything you told, but unsuccessful...

I´ll buy another board and go ahead, I want to thank you a lot for the help, that is a lesson to me for the future.

My best regards,

Vagner

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.