Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8530w (FY595AW#AKR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello comunity 🙂

Recently I came across possibility to use external graphic cards with notebooks. I eaven found out, that there's a possibility to use graphic card with Express Card slot, that I have on my notebook. 

I did found propper device - it's called Express Card Mini PCI-E Version Expresscard V8.0 EXP GDC Beast PCIe PCI-E PCI Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock 

and it's supposed to be able to plug in a external graphic card through my express card slot. 

When I was researching web. I came across some issues with that so now I'm not sure, what kind of results I can expect

Can you please recommend me, what king od graphic card can I use with this kind of interface?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I know that nobody proppably care anymore, but I did my research and found out that I can plug in external graphic cards using express card slot and unused wifi slot, but as I was going through possibilities I found out that real bottleneck in this case is processor so I decided not to pursue this idea. So I take it as finished 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I know that nobody proppably care anymore, but I did my research and found out that I can plug in external graphic cards using express card slot and unused wifi slot, but as I was going through possibilities I found out that real bottleneck in this case is processor so I decided not to pursue this idea. So I take it as finished 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.