Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
The camera on my HP Pavilion 15 notebook is not working.
Actually, the problem is that whenever I open the camera app, it shows a black screen and when I click the capture button, I get an error message. I am uploading the screenshot of the same.
I tried every solution available on the internet.
1. I tried disabling and enabling my camera in device manager and restarting. (The status in the property is "The device is working properly")
2. I updated my Intel and NVIDIA HD Graphics.
3. I used all the third-party apps such as Skype, facebook video chat, etc; same problem.
4. I checked HP website for the camera driver update but there is no such thing as camera driver. Instead, they provide Cyberlink youcam software which doesn't work either.
5. My BIOS is running the latest version updated from the HP website.
6. I tried updating my camera app on the device manager but it says "the best drivers for you are already installed".
7. I tried some other methods which I can't even remember.
I like to think this problem started after update of Win 10. I have no restore point. This function was off.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the webcam is not working on your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Stay Home – Stay Safe
The_Fossette I am an HP Employee
I have been tried this steps on two of the tutorials, but there is no result.
I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.
Here is how you can get in touch with support.
1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community