Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

They wouldn't offer to fix it for free but the discount wasn't too bad.  I didn't proceed because I didn't know if the new parts would be any better than the old and no one could tell me if the replacement parts were redesigned or not.  I figured it might get a few months to a year and then have it happen again so chose to just live with it.  The keyboard is also acting up.  Certain keys, mainly numbers, are no longer working so I have to use an external keyboard sometimes.  The friend of mine who bought the same unit is having the same problems.  Her screen hinge issue isn't quite as bad as mine but her keyboard is worse as it sometimes presses keys without user input.  Sometimes it is really bad.  My screen hinges are now loose on both sides.

I figure I will run this thing until it croaks in the condition it is in and then get something different.  I will unhook the keyboard internally if it starts pressing keys on its own and just close the lid and hook it up by the TV as my media PC.  An i7 would make quite the nice media PC.

HP Recommended

When you bought this M7-j010dx? 

I faced only hinge issue. After they fixed, I haven't faced any other issue with the Hinge. If you can afford the repair cost, then go ahead with it.

I never had any issue with Keyboard. Sometimes I use logitech K400r wireless keyboard which is more convenient to play games.

It's great when Conntected to TV. Make sure you change the resolution which fits to the TV. This laptop's default resolution is 1920x1080, But I connected to 4K tv and able to set resolution to 4K. There is little bit of lagging when playing games. But it's Manageable.

Enjoy.

Venkatesh R
HP Recommended

I would be more using it for video.  The TV I use for now is 1080P.  I would only care about 4k in the future.  Does this shipset play 4k video without lags such as from streaming content or Blu Ray?

HP Recommended

I haven't faced any issue in playing 4K content (Youtube, 4K Videos) in this laptop. 

It's Intel i7 with 8GB. Why not?

Venkatesh R
HP Recommended

I know this particular post hasn't had anything added to it in about a year. However, I'm not sure where else to go. I have the same exact issue, except it's the right side hinge. it's especially worrying because the disc drive is also right there and is pried up when this happens.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hey there!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would like to help. If the computer has a physical issue I would suggest calling in.  I am strictly technical and provide troubleshooting steps.  For something like this it would be best to call in regarding possible service options.  Please follow this link http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp enter your product number, select your product, scroll down and fill out the form. You will then be given a phone number and a case/reference number to give to the agent that answers your phone call.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks! Unfortunately my laptop is out of warranty, so I'll have to call in about it (like you suggested).

Again, thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.