Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 d003sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys, I have two problems:

- The touchpad in Windows 10 it's crazy: the cursor keeps moving on the screen when I use it, like there are ghost touches. I tried everything, uninstalling the drivers and using the Windows default's, reinstalling different versions, clean installing Windows, but nothing. In Ubuntu it works like a charm.

It's a Synaptic touchpad.

- The battery is dead, it lasts about one hour when unplugged. I'd like to know how I could get/buy a new one.

HP 15 d003sl, warranty expired in 2015.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hybris

I checked the HP PartSurfer website and it shows that the battery with part# 740715-001 is available. 

I have also sent you a private message with the direct phone no. of the HP Shopping team for Italy region. You may check with them for the battery availability. I suggest ou check both option and check the warranty you get for the battery and then buy.

I hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@hybris

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP 15-d003sl Notebook and are facing issues with the touchpad and the battery. The touchpad moves by itself and appears like ghost touches. However, the touchpad works fine in Ubuntu. Secondly, the battery offers a backup for only 1 hour and you would like to know where you can buy a new battery.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop post which the touchpad started to work incorrectly?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists with the touchpad then I suggest you to perform the steps mentioned in this link

NOTE: Please refer to steps mentioned from "Opening the ClickPad properties" onwards.

And before you buy a battery, please check if you can run a hardware test on the battery and calibrate it using the steps from this link

You may purchase the battery either from the HP shopping website, HP Partsurfer website or by calling our HP phone support.  (Please ensure you select your region on the HP Shopping website or the HP Partsurfer website).

I hope this helps and please feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The problem with the touchpad is a very common issue apparently: it happens when the AC is plugged in and it is not grounded: the only solution is to use the laptop on my laps, or to touch a metallic part (like usb, vga ports) while using the touchpad, so that I ground it.

I can't find anything about the battery: could you help me to find a link where can I buy the one for my model?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@hybris

You're most welcome. 🙂

I checked and found that your laptop came with a 4 cell Li-ion battery with a part no. 752237-001. Please check if this part no. matches with the part no. on the battery. I checked the HP PartSurfer website and found that this part is available. Please select your region and then try to search the battery in HP PartSurfer website. Otherwise, let me know which country you are in and I will try to find if the battery is available or not in that region and also I will look out for the HP shopping phone no. for that region. 

Otherwise, if you can visit an authorized reseller like Best Buy, Walmart, etc. and check if they have this battery available. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The battery says to replace with spare part no: 740715-001.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@hybris

This battery with part# 740715-001 is available on the HP Partsurfer website. If you're unable to order then let me know your region.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Yeah, it tells me N/A. I'm from Italy.

HP Recommended

@hybris

I checked the HP PartSurfer website and it shows that the battery with part# 740715-001 is available. 

I have also sent you a private message with the direct phone no. of the HP Shopping team for Italy region. You may check with them for the battery availability. I suggest ou check both option and check the warranty you get for the battery and then buy.

I hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.