Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi

I have tried the steps with the power button for 30 sec and indeed it does the firmware update when you changed the bios. but it stops all the time with a 10s interval, then you can type for 5 sec and gone again. I have 3 of those 1012 g1 laptops. If I connect it to other and boot up and disconnect it with the firmware update it works afterwards very fine ! but when it completes the firmware from tablt 1 to kaeyboard 1 it will not work steady on tablet 1, I have to change keyboard and do the disconnect trick.

So a bios update is scared for me now.

how to handle this kind of trouble with the keyboard ?

thanks

Jeroen

HP Recommended

does still have the issue the keyboard connects and disconnects after a base firmware on all models.

any tips ?

HP Recommended

Hello HP ?? Any advise please , still have the issue with bios 1.20

no keyboard anymore after that update, it goes on off on and so an

HP Recommended

I have this same problem, the Elite x2 cannot detect the Keyboard. 

As instructed.

I shutdown the Elite x2

I disconnect the Keyboard

I press ON/OFF switch for 30 seconds

I attached the Keyboard

1 switch ON the Elite x2

It works.

Thank you very much for the info.

K C LAU

HP Recommended

Thanks for tips! I got the same error on HP Pro X2 G1 612 travel keyboard after BIOS update.

But in this model, I pressed reload button for 30 sec instead power button.

At now the notebook is working perfectly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.