08-23-2016 09:23 PM
I have an Elite X2 1012 and the travel keyboard has stopped working. It just completely stopped working one day. I went out and bought a new one, but it does not work also. Now I am at a loss. Any ideas?
If I plug in a wireless keyboard and mouse it works fine. The on screen keyboard works. But the most important travel keyboard does nothing. The only way I can even tell it is alive is by pressing the "caps lock" key repeatedly and the light on that key flashes for a brief moment. But that is it.
08-24-2016 10:21 AM
Hi, used to have same issue before, it disappeared no idea what fixed it. Now I am having the issue again :(.
Keyboard lives somehow, one does not have to press caps lock, since it blinks in approx 10s intervals.
Would be great if HP adresses this nasty feature somehow...
08-24-2016 12:37 PM
Ok folks, I solved the problem. If you are facing the same issue, the fix is easy. You have to perform a "system drain."
- Remove the travel keyboard.
- Shut down the computer
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. The time is important, make sure you keep the power button pressed for at least 30 continuos seconds. During this time, you may see the HP logo flash on the screen one time - ignore this and keep the button pressed.
- After at least 30 seconds let go of the power button and reattach the keyboard
- Power on the computer
- If it worked you should see something on the screen about firmware updating - this is a good sign
The "system drain" is supposed to drain the motherboard of all power so that all the circuits reset and then when you power back up it has to reinitialize in some way.
Hope this works for you.
11-21-2016 02:07 AM
Keyboard firmware update failed .....
If i attach the keyboard after booting windows it works fine but when i restart the computer attaching the keyboard it failed to firmware update .....
Please resolve my this problel
01-06-2017 07:47 AM
Any other suggestons? I have tried bios updates, the hold the power button and other updates and it still will not reload the firmware for the keyboard. It has no lights or any reactions. I used the keyboard on another tablet and it was recognized right away. I have tried 3 known working keyboards on this one Elite X2 and none of them will work. I know it is an issue wth the firmware/software but can't find any solution. This has been n use for less than a month running windows 10.
02-25-2017 07:30 AM
Has this issue been resolved? After not receiving any support from HP I just bought another keyboard. The first keyboard died after a couple of months and now the 2nd keyboard has died.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot