Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 17t touch optional
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Built-in camera image shows pixels and flickering. This is the worst built-in camera I have ever seen with all different brands of computers including older HPs I have used in the past ten years at least. Can anyone tell if this might be a driver issue or hardware limitation? If this is what hardware is truly capable of, using "HD" for camera description is very deceptive. I tried to update drivers suggested in other posts(
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Webcam-picture-quality-is-very-low-an...) and also restart the system, but it doesn't change anything.  I attached some image for camera driver and system information.sys.png2.png3.png4.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@John290 Welcome to HP Community!

To resolve problems with choppy playback, vertical line or pixels, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback. But I cannot take this as a solution. Does HP think this kind of camera should be acceptable to customer? or does HP think customer should spend time to figure out how to use the camera with the poor quality? I don't see any of this kind of camera issue except this particular HP. There is one thing you might help me is to who to contact to discuss exchange or return. I don't want this HP laptop because of the camera.

HP Recommended

@John290

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.