Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello HP,

can you please fix this annoying problem?

Why is it taking so long to make your customer satisfied? Isn't all about the customer?

It doesn't look like that.

I want to turn off this F5 backlight that doesn't make any sense, too bright and always on. Why in the first place you didn't develop some user setting on the brightness of this key? Is that difficult for a company like you to fix this?

Please let me know.  This is ridiculous, please make me happy.

HP Recommended

I understand you're frustrated, and appreciate your patience. We take your feedback very seriously. I do believe there's a solution coming very soon. I do not have a firm date at this time - obviously, we want to be sure it's carefully tested before release. 

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I too would like to pile on with the other comments that the persistently lit F5 Key is an annoying blight on an otherwise wonderful laptop.  Please hurry with a better solution than having to stick a piece of post-it on the key.

HP Recommended

Probely there is a sullution.

But they dont's explain how to do it.

Please explain?

New Bios F13

Publicatiedetails

Gepubliceerd: 18 mei 2015

Versie F.13 Rev.A

Oplossingen en verbeteringen

- Fixes an intermittent issue which causes the system to shutdown unexpectedly while the system is in idle mode.- Provides the ability to enable or disable the LED of the F5 key.
- Provides the improved help messages for the Administrator Password, the Power-On Password, the POST Hotkey Delay (Sec), and USB Charging in the F10 BIOS setup option.
HP Recommended

just figured it out,

instal BIOS F13

Go into the Bios:

- power down

- Start and hit esc and then F10

change in the BIOS the LED F5 and exit and save

Your Led is now not working.

HP Recommended

Yes, the updated BIOS driver is here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Spectre-13-4000-x360-Convertible-PC/7527520/model...

To go into BIOS, press ESC+F10 on startup.

HP Recommended

This actually worked for me.

I cannot believe it.

I am currently in a public library, and actually screamed in jubilation when the F5 key's dreaded LED turned off at long last, inviting odd stares. I just smiled in return.

Thank you Leprichon!!!

HP Recommended

Haha come on, it wasn't that bad. I don't even notice anymore... but I am happy it will be disabled for good. 

HP Recommended

@mikekem wrote:

This actually worked for me.

I cannot believe it.

I am currently in a public library, and actually screamed in jubilation when the F5 key's dreaded LED turned off at long last, inviting odd stares. I just smiled in return.

Thank you Leprichon!!!

That's the kind of thing we love to hear!  🙂

Just tell the Librarian that reading makes you so happy you can't contain yourself.  Or that you just found  the "Shhhh" button on your new PC. 

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

Very impressive.  It's very cool to find a company that listens and responds to their customers.  Well done HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.