Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi I have the 15" flavour of this notebook and was wondering if this wonderful usbc to usb 3 multi port hub is compatible, have heard so many horror stories of people buying countless ports only to return them becasue of incompatibility?

Now the 15 inch has 2 usb c ports so I dont mind if charging doesnt work through the hub I just want to be able to plug in numerous peripherals into a hub and maybe be able to connect to monitor or projector.
Does it have a VGA port? HDMI?

I use the single usb on the other side of the machine for my keyboard and mouse dongle. Yes I know what youre thinking why the hell did I buy a laptop if I'm going to use a keyboard and mouse? I love laptops for there portability but generally I I dislike the lack of feedback you get from the keys (always feels like they are going to break) and as far as touch pads are concerned I hate using them! Mouse all the way for me!

If I want to pan and zoom blah blah thats why I have the beautiful 15 " touchscreen! I use my mitts on that instead of some dumbass touchpad, which on this model takes up far too much real estate  as far as I'm concerned!

So if you happen to be reading this thread again please I's appreciate an answer on whether the hub at amazon is worth it?
Ive got to clarify and justify the purchase to the boss aka other half, chortle chortle. thanks in advance

HP Recommended

ha ha just clicked on the link to the device on amazon and noticed the price tag, well heck, its the same price as the HP proprietary device, so might as well just buy the HP product. I think what people are usually getting at is they just want a multi usb hub usually so they can plug in ext hdds and charge mobile phones etc. if its got an hdmi or vga port then bonus!
thanks anyway for sharing

HP Recommended

Nice to hear thrid party ports works on the spectre. My HP Omen Accelerator doesnt work on the new spectre x360 8th gen cpu! Beware of buying that! Better go with 3rd party products, works and cheaper!!

HP Recommended

Ok, that was interesting since I have the 8th Gen Spectre X360 13" and was thinking about buying the Omen Accelerator. So you cannot connect the Omen Accelerator to the Spectre X360 and get it working?!?

I was otherwise under the impression that the Omen Accelerator was the only device that could charge HP Spectre X360 via Thunderbolt connection due to HP:s strange restriction. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.