Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop - 15z-eh100
Ubuntu LTS

Hello! I ordered a notebook  HP Pavilion Laptop - 15z-eh100  and it has USB-C and USB 3.1 ports. I'd like to connect two additional monitors to it. One via build-in HDMI, and maybe other monitor via USB-C - to - Display port adapter.

1. Do you think this may be possible? 
  2. If yes, will it work with Linux, or Windows?
  3. How to choose correct USB-C to Display port adapter model?

Another questions: 

1. Will I be able to upgrade SSD to bigger size, like 1 TB, some time in future? If yes, what model should I choose?
  2. Will I be able to upgrade memory up to 32 GB? If yes, what model should I choose?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards, Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes the USB-C port has alt-DP signalling so caries a native DP video signal. You just need a simple USB-C to DP cable:

Amazon.com: Silkland USB C to DisplayPort Cable 6.6ft (4K@60Hz,2K@144Hz), [2021 Updated][Thunderbolt...

Should work in most current Linux distros and definitely in Windows 10 or 11. If you are going to have 2 external monitors you may want to consider a docking station instead of 2 separate cables from the laptop. 

SSD size is not limited. You can install the largest capacity device money can buy if you are so inclined and have the budget. 

M.2 NVME such as Samsung 970 Evo or Evo Plus. 

32 gigs is max memory. Uses DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM. 

Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL22 (or 2933 MHz or 2666 MHz) Laptop Memory CT2K16G4SFR...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes the USB-C port has alt-DP signalling so caries a native DP video signal. You just need a simple USB-C to DP cable:

Amazon.com: Silkland USB C to DisplayPort Cable 6.6ft (4K@60Hz,2K@144Hz), [2021 Updated][Thunderbolt...

Should work in most current Linux distros and definitely in Windows 10 or 11. If you are going to have 2 external monitors you may want to consider a docking station instead of 2 separate cables from the laptop. 

SSD size is not limited. You can install the largest capacity device money can buy if you are so inclined and have the budget. 

M.2 NVME such as Samsung 970 Evo or Evo Plus. 

32 gigs is max memory. Uses DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM. 

Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CL22 (or 2933 MHz or 2666 MHz) Laptop Memory CT2K16G4SFR...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help!   Best regards, Igor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.