Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook Pavilion 15-dk0040nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

i bought a notebook(Notebook Pavilion 15-dk0040nl) few weeks ago. But i used only for a few hours until now. Yesterday for the first time i tried to insert a normal pen drive USB but the notebook doesn't read nothing. Only usb 3.0 works, but the 2 usb 2.0 doesn't working. I tried to install the driver from hp.com website but nothing have been changed. Someone can help me? i have the warranty , do you suggest to go in the assistance center?

i hope you understand what i said. Thank you,

best regards,

Alberto

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EuforiZe Greetings from the HP Community!

I have a list of steps to help resolve your concern:

• Before you begin
  • Troubleshooting steps
  • USB device not detected by Windows (no device name in Device Manager)
  • USB storage device is not shown in Safely Remove Hardware window
  • Front USB ports do not work on a desktop computer.
  • The mouse responds slowly, if at all
  •  USB 2.0 Device Does Not Work When Connected to a USB 3.0 Port

For details on each step: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for the answer. I followed this steps before make the post. I called the assistance and they confirmed a problem in the notebook(also i tried to update the BIOS), so i sent my notebook in the assistance. So now i  wait 2weeks. sad story! 😞

HP Recommended

@EuforiZe Well, alteast you identified the issue and you've sent the device to have it repaired,

So that's good as it would be up and running, soon.

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.