Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg1000 (43F53AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop has 

• 1x SuperSpeed USB Type C (with Power & Display Port)
  • 2x SuperSpeed USB Type A

I would like to know which ports are the Type A and which port are the Type C.  I would also like to know if there is any speed difference between the type A and type C ports.  Are all my ports 3.0?

HP ENVY 15t Quad TouchSmart
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the specifications in the Maintenance & Service guide. It is in the Product Description section.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08101867.pdf

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

You notebook's USB ports specs and types

USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (supports data transfer, power delivery, HP Sleep & Charge; DisplayPort 1.4 out up to
4096 × 2304 @ 60 Hz through adapter; HDMI 2.0 out up to 3840 × 2160 @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2 through
adapter)

USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A (2)

For more information on USB watch the video. You will be able to recognize the USB ports by their markings and colors.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, I found it very helpful.

Can you tell me where you found the specs on my USB ports, there may be other info that I would find interesting.

HP Recommended

I found the specifications in the Maintenance & Service guide. It is in the Product Description section.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c08101867.pdf

HP Recommended

When I click on the link you provided, the screen sort of updates but the PDF file is not downloaded or viewable and I just get the same screen again

HP Recommended

@neil154154 

I just tried it after reading your recent post.

Be aware that a document should not automatically download with your consciously clicking on the download link.

I had no problem viewing  or downloading the document with Adobe Reader in the Firefox and Edge browser. 

Since I had success with two different browsers, that tells to me that there is no problem with the link to the HP document file.

Are you having the same problem with other server based PDF documents?

Perhaps you need to check your file associations.

Currently I am using Adobe reader to view PDF files.

HP Recommended

I have tried 2 different PCs and have tried with Chrome and Firefox and the file just does not download... I also tried from another website https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-laptop-pc-15-eg1000/2100893647/model/2100893658/man... and have the same problem.

I have attached a link to show the problem (https://i.imgur.com/5APzyej.mp4)

HP Recommended

I suggest that you try another browser. there is something wrong with the settings in your browsers or your antivirus.

Here is the PDF document file  as an attachment to this post to prove to you that it is real and available.

All you have to do is click on it. As long as you have an app that is capable of reading PDF files it should open in the browser.

The image below is just an image of what I see when I click on the file I attached to this post and not the actual file itself.

Here_It_Is.png

HP Recommended

Thanks, as I said before I tried 2 different browser and also 2 different computers.  I deleted Malware Bytes and stopped Microsoft Defender and still could not get the download.  But your reply included the PDF file, so thank you.

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

I hope you find it useful.

-erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.