Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

USB/SD not working on Win10 laptop - have tried all the obvious things

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've been having trouble with the USB, SD Card and Camera on an HP  Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1xxx running Win10. I've tried the uninstall/re-install USB driver options numerous times, a "fresh start" Win10 install etc. I've also tried booting from a Win10 recovery USB and a Linux recovery USB from the BIOS (having turned off secure boot and enabled legacy mode). Even F2 fails to detect USB as a boot option. I ended up running a hardware test and got this error code ID:

9AP1A1-9T3AHJ-MFPXHG-8D1P03

Does anyone know what this means?

I specifically bought the laptop for the USB/SD ports to transfer photos and it's pretty useless without either of these ports.

Many thanks

Nelbo

1 REPLY 1
Nelbo
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if this fixed it or was just a weird coincidence. I plugged a USB C hub (NOVOO 6 in 1 USB-C hub) into the USB C port to see if that worked and it did.

Not only that, the USB ports, SD Card Reader and Camera all work too.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation