Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s du1079tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Respected Community Officials and members,

I am using HP 15s du1079tx which I have bought in October this year. I am facing a strange issue in this laptop, This laptop has USB 3.1 ports only. When I am inserting USB 3.1 pen drive in USB port , even without using this pen drive starts heating and when I start copying data then copying speed starts with peak speed of 60 mbps and drops upto 12-13 mbps in 15-20 seconds.  Also pen drive gets heated . 

I have checked with USB 3.0 pen drive too. It is also getting hot. I have checked USB 3.1 pen drive in USB 3.0 port of other laptop. Its working fine. I have tried every possible effort. Please help me to get rid of this issue.

Waiting for reply.

Regards

Yogesh Sharma

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@yogesh02, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with a specific life scan device that overheats when connected to the USB ports of the computer. It will be a delight to assist you. 

A commendable job of troubleshooting, terrific description, and smart analysis of the issue was done before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

and check if this does the trick for you.

• Then please try this specific device on a different computer and check.
  • Finally, if flash drives, memory cards, and a digital camera or web camera connect fine to multiple USB ports of the machine without hassles, then the power supplied by the USB ports is just fine. The device needs to be checked or change the brand of this specific device.
  • If other USB devices work fine on the computer, the USB ports cannot be faulty or High powered because all USB devices should then overheat.
  • Finally please use USB 2.0 ports and not USB 3.0 ports.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I have checked with other laptop too but with USB 3.0.  On that this is not getting heated. Only with new laptop having usb 3.1 it's getting heated. Even usb 3.0 pen drive is also heating which is normal with USB 3.0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.