Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 15-ba079dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I use any capacity SD storage card in my HP notebook 15-ba079dx computer (16GB,32GB,64GB etc.) ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Also, I tried to use my Samsung 64GB card for my file history drive and it still says "your file history drive is disconnected",but it is reconized , The card has been formatted and used to temporary store documents and pictures . Is it the wrong size , wrong brand ? My computer is only about 1 month old (do not have much on it). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got no problem with Samsung 64GB (both full size SD and microSD). Have you tried a different card ?

flash dr.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got no problem with Samsung 64GB (both full size SD and microSD). Have you tried a different card ?

flash dr.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you Banhien so much for the help .I looked over the fact that I not only have to format the Samsung storage card ,I had to configure or "set up "the card also .In a rush I never noticed when I put a card in and maybe even a USB in there is a pop up in the top right of the screen that states " what would you like to do with the SD card ". I can select to open ,do nothing ,and at the top - configure to use as file storage drive . DUMB on my part ,I thought once I formatted the card I was finished I am sory for taking up your time .                                                                                                                                                                                          Do not know when this POST if th HP EXPERT will see this again but can you answer my second question or do I need to do a new question post ? Thank you , markbA45664566

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the help .I looked over the fact that I not only have to format the Samsung storage card ,I had to configure or "set up "the card also .In a rush I never noticed when I put a card in and maybe even a USB in there is a pop up in the top right of the screen that states " what would you like to do with the SD card ". I can select to open ,do nothing ,and at the top - configure to use as file storage drive . DUMB on my part ,I thought once I formatted the card I was finished I am sory for taking up your time .                                                                                                                                                                                          Do not know when this POST if th HP EXPERT will see this again but can you answer my second question or do I need to do a new question post ? Thank you , markbA45664566

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.