Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an-013ns

Hi there,

I purchased this laptop in Dec2017 and the battery died earlier this year. I ran the HP diagnostics (F2 whilst loading) to ensure this was the cause and everything led to a replacement battery being required. FYI, it didn't just stop but gradually lost it's charge over a period of time as expected.

I tried to source a genuine part but was unable to do so so have purchased a 3rd party (looks like a refurb). This was installed and lasted about a month before it stopped charging. Again. I ran HP diagnostics which indicated battery failure and AC adapter running fine. This was replaced by supplier for another 3rd party unit which has also failed after 1 month.

I've just run diagnostic again and, again, it's showing the battery having failed with AC adapter running fine.

Is there anywhere that I can purchase a genuine battery from or could it be an issue with my laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I forgot to add, the part number for the required battery is 922753-421

HP Recommended

@Ruxp1n

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery.
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only.
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for delayed response and I'm afraid this didn't work. To be honest I'd already tried a similar version of this process to try and 'calibrate' the battery.

The battery is simply unchargeable and just reduces if not plugged in. It's currently sitting at 34% and as it also acts as the CMOS battery, I'm trying not to let it run down again as I did the previous one.

I've run the HP diagnostic which comes up with attached results:IMG_1629.JPEGIMG_1630.JPEGIMG_1631.JPEG

HP Recommended

@Ruxp1n

Thank you for the detailed response. In this case, kindly reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.