Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
EliteBook 1040 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am currently unable to use my Biometric fingerprint device with Windows.  When I go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Biometric Devices - Use your fingerprint with Windows, I get en error popup: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynFP\WBF_TEK\SynapticsFMA.exe'.  After clicking OK, the control panel explorer windows then says "The selected fingerprint reader has no management application installed"

It seems to be working fine with the HP Client Security program.

Additionally, another program (Bloomberg) doesn't detect the presence of a biometric fingerprint sensor.

It seems to be working fine in my Device Manager, the Biometric Devices driver is: Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003f) and the driver version is 4.5.324.0.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you upgrade/downgrade the machine ? Please try:

Intel Chipset Installation Utility (American, International)

Intel Management Engine Components Driver (American, International)

Reboot.  then download and install

Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Driver (American, International)

More drivers:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=9789251&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Please ignore the Hp staff comment 

the fix i discovered in seconds was that windows is looking in the wrong directory for the excutable 

so i suggest you goto    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynFP          and cut the folder called  WBF_TEK and then head back to 

C:\Program Files\Synaptics <- and paste the WBF_TEK Folder here .

now when you try windows finger print option it will be corrected to the right path

it seems hp update has added a extra folder hence the error 

your all welcome 🙂 

HP Recommended

I did in fact reinstall Windows - using the recovery disks supplied.  At any rate, I have all the drivers properly installed, and followed your instructions anyway, but am still having the same problem.

Basiacally it looks like the Synaptics (validity) installer is not installing the necessary .exe. files.  In my ...Program Files\Synaptics\SynFP directory, i only have \Shared\Drivers and a couple of WBF_003d and _003f drivers.  There are no .exe files anywhere in this Synaptics directory.

Again, the biometric fingerprint sensor is working perfectly fine with HP Client Security - it just doesn't seem to be recognized with any other applications.

HP Recommended

Appears I have no WEB_TEK folder, and the installer from the HP website doesn't seem to be creating one either...

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  The system can't find the .exe file.

HP Recommended

Hi all.

I've just got a Probook 450 G3 and have exactly the same problem described by rx7car: the driver appears to be fine, but no application is installed to manage the sensor, the folder WBF_TEK doesn't exist.

I installed "Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Driver" from HP website and it appeared to be installed properly, but at last I found that the problem persists.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

This worked for me:

1)  Download the Fingerprint Reader driver and run the software.

2)  When promted select Remove.

3)  Once the removal has finished, reboot.

4)  Run the Fingereprint Reader software again installing  this time.

5)  Launch fingerprint enrollment from either the new desktop icon "Synaptics FMA" or from Control Panel > Biometrics Devices.

HP Recommended

- Go into device manager and disable the CD/DVD drive

- Uninstall the Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Reader Software

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall the Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Reader Software

HP Recommended

Hello everyone..

SynapticsFMA.jpg

Error  Message Popup:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynFP\WBF_TEK\SynapticsFMA.exe'

Solution:

1.if ur notebook already had "
HP Client Security Manager" and

"Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Reader",
   Please uninstall them, then reboot windows 7..

2.download Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Sensor Driver,
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-840-g3-notebook-pc/7815294/s...

Please intall it, then reboot windows 7 ..

3.Open the Control Panel, click on Hardware and Sound, click on Biometric Devices,
   Click on Use your fingerprint with Windows to open the FMA. 
   Now, u can enroll ur fingers la..

Finished

White Wang 2017.10.22

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.