Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-f337wm Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 15-f337wm Notebook, Win 10 Home 64-bit. I accidentally deleted something unknown tto me that stopped me being able to attach photos to my AOL mail.   A few days ago Microsoft (via internet) downloaded for me a two month trial of MICROSOFT OFFICE PROFESSIONAL PLUS 2013 which for reasons unknown to me FIXED the problem!    Yesterday I purchased at Walmart a OFFICE HOME & STUDENT 2016 product key.  Am only interested in downloading what ever it was that stopped me from being able to attach pictures to my AOL emails. I would like to keep the WORD but am not interested in the Exel, PowerPoint and OneNote unless someone tells me I need to download ALL of them to fix my photo attaching problem.  Also, do I need to uninstall the trial before downloading the new product key?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hard to say what happened with the AOL photos but that full Office 2013 has a photo editor program included and that may be what started the photos working right again. Since that was a 2 month trial you are not going to be able to keep it anyway. I would uninstall the Office 2013 before installing the Office 2016. If you do not, the Office 2016 upon install will give you the option to keep or upgrade all parts of the Office 2013 which have corresponding apps in 2016. However, since the 2013 you have is more full-featured you will likely wind up with a mish-mash of 2013 and 2016 components and it is going to be confusing when 2013 expires. 

If, after the 2016 install, your AOL picture problem is back, post back then and we can attack that issue on its own merits. I'm sure it is a very easy fix and likely just a file association thing. It's not really fixed until you understand how and why it is fixed. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hard to say what happened with the AOL photos but that full Office 2013 has a photo editor program included and that may be what started the photos working right again. Since that was a 2 month trial you are not going to be able to keep it anyway. I would uninstall the Office 2013 before installing the Office 2016. If you do not, the Office 2016 upon install will give you the option to keep or upgrade all parts of the Office 2013 which have corresponding apps in 2016. However, since the 2013 you have is more full-featured you will likely wind up with a mish-mash of 2013 and 2016 components and it is going to be confusing when 2013 expires. 

If, after the 2016 install, your AOL picture problem is back, post back then and we can attack that issue on its own merits. I'm sure it is a very easy fix and likely just a file association thing. It's not really fixed until you understand how and why it is fixed. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions to uninstall Office trial then install product key for new version of it. Was so, so, happy to now be able to download pictures to my AOL email! You are a GEM, many thank-you's!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.