Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Probook stated that there is no info on my Motherboard and i wont to upgrade it for video for gameing.could someone please help with this. 

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The 4540s has two possible video configurations. Intel HD or AMD Radeon HD 7650 1 or 2 gig. Which do you have? There is no other configuration possible. The motherboards are made by HP and the video is soldered to the motherboard. If you have only the Intel HD video the cost of replacing the motherboard with an AMD Radeon model is not going to make any sense. 

HP Recommended

Motherboard is: 17F6 KBC  version 58.21

Graphic Device #1 : AMD Redeon HD 7650M

Graphic Device #2 : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

CPU : Intel (R) core(TM) i5-3210m @-2.50ghz, 2501mhz, 2 core 4 logical processer (S)

This is what i have dont know if we can upgrade or tweek it a bit. let me know

Thank you

HP Recommended

Here is the Manual:

Manual

In your case the processor is not soldered to the motherboard so you can upgrade to an i7 Quad Core i7-3632QM. Max memory is 8 gigs. Not sure what you have. You could upgrade to a solid state drive. Your video is the best possible to install in that laptop and anything else you upgrade will make only a small difference in gaming. 

But post back if you want to pursue the CPU, RAM or an SSD. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information you provided. I will let you know if im going to upgraded myprobook

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.