Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fq 1085tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update: Hewlett - Packard Development Company, L.P, - keyboard - Standard - 101/102 - Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support.

I have downloaded this optional update and it says it is done successfully but it is still on optional updates and I can't get it off.

Could someone please tell me how you can remove it without removing the update off the computer.

I run Windows 10

My computer is a HP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You need to restart the PC, and the next time you run Windows update, it should be gone from the list of optional updates.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Run the Hide Windows Update utility that I zipped up and attached below, and that will keep the update notification from showing up again.

HP Recommended

Thanks mate, but I can hide it ,but I want to get rid of it. altogether off the optional updates ,but not off the computer .

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That utility will make the update disappear from the optional updates.

I use it all the time.

HP Recommended

Shows on utility app that its gone mate, but it's still there on the optional updates.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You need to restart the PC, and the next time you run Windows update, it should be gone from the list of optional updates.

HP Recommended

Thanks mate you're a star .It worked pretty good.

Thanks mate 👍

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.