Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - P073tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

@

@

I am really hoping to find an answer to below questions.. wasted a lot of time doing research..

My Model : HP Pavilion 15-p073tx

I want to upgrade my current wifi adapter (BCM43142 802.11) to adapter that connects 5ghz channel. Can anyone please help me out? I am not sure for which adapter would be compatible!! Also not sure how many antenna this notebook has!!

Also, is anyone sure about how many antenna does this notebook have?

I do not want to open and see number of cables, but want to order new adapter and get it done through third party service centers.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am pretty sure your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the Broadcom wifi card.

If there is only one, there is no model dual band wifi card where both the wifi and bluetooth will work.

If you don't care about the bluetooth not working, this would be the best card you could install.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

If you are lucky and discover that the notebook does have two antenna wires, then you will have both wifi and bluetooth with that card.

You would connect the existing single antenna wire to the wifi card's 'Main' antenna terminal.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your information. I really appreciate your work.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.