Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc152od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Prod. #-2SS24UA

What does this laptop support for a hardware upgrade? Does it support PCIE, m.2 ssd or nvme? I'm looking to upgrade to an SSD but HP store tech doesn't know if there are expansions slots available or I have to replace the HD completely. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

512 GB is all that HP offered in that model series.

I see no reason why you couldn't go to a 1 TB drive.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your PC's model series.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06525445

According to chapter 1, page 2 of the manual, the 15-cc1xx and 15-cc6xx model series support NVMe M.2 SSDs.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you. I read it and it looks like I can only use up to 512 GB. I was hoping to clone my current drive and but I and transfer it to the NVME but I've used more than 512 already of the 1 tb.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

512 GB is all that HP offered in that model series.

I see no reason why you couldn't go to a 1 TB drive.

HP Recommended

I'll look for 1 TB then.

Thank you for you help!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.