Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G60-23OUS
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an HP G60-23OUS Laptop with Windows 7  Can I upgrade to Windows 8 or better?   I need to upgrade to 8 or better to run Turbotax 2020.

The Windows 8 Minimum System Requirements are: 

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.

The  G60-23OUS meets everything else, but I am not sure about the graphics card.

Thanks in advance for your help.  JC

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC meets all of the specs to run W8 - W10.

Here is what I recommend...

Here is a way you can still upgrade to W10 for free.

Read the info at the link below, and if you want to go through with the upgrade, click on the blue Update Now button on the link below this one.

Here's how you can still get a free Windows 10 upgrade | ZDNet

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You have 30 days to go back to W7 if you don't like W10.

How Can I Go Back to Windows 7/8 from Windows 10 (cocosenor.com)

If you need help finding drivers after the upgrade just let me know.

HP Recommended

Sounds good, but the problem is that the windows 7 I have was installed in 2017 y a repairman who didn't register the Windows 7.  He has since died.  I don't think my Windows 7 is legal.   So I will need to purchase the new operating system. 

The hard drive on my My laptop with Windows 10 has crashed so I need to use the HP laptop.  JC

HP Recommended

To Paul Tikkanen:  Am I right about not being able to Upgrade to Windows 10 for free, because of an unregistered Windows 7 installation on my HP Pavilion?  What do you think I should do?  I have researched the installation.  JC

HP Recommended

Go to the windows control panel>system & security>system.

At the bottom of that window, if it shows that W7 is activated, then you should be able to get the free upgrade to W10 using the guidance I posted the other day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.