Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

So far you have not listened to anyone, you plowed ahead with an M.2 NVME drive even though it was explained that the specs say it only supports SATA M.2 disks. They are not interchangeable. 

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 30-33. Your laptop can take either a SATA M.2 or a hard drive not both so the M.2 slot is hidden by the hard drive caddy. Remove the hard drive and the hard drive cable and you will see the M.2 slot. 

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but it does NOT SAY that it's one OR another. At all, in any section on the manual.

HP Recommended

Well you have to look at it and interpret a bit. When you look at the Manual you think in terms of where is the hard drive, how does it connect? Where is the M.2 slot. What kind of M.2 is supported? The Service Manual is a bit technical and does not really spell it all out in simple terms. For example, it also does not say expressly you can have both, does it? 

HP Recommended

Interpret? Come on! I'm in the computer business since AT 286s come into market, I've been around.

This NEVER happened to me. I've read a lot of manuals in my life, believe me.

It doesn't matter now.

HP Recommended

That IS correct. 

HP Recommended
I had the same issue. The m.2 slot didnt came at all. Just SATA, so, no matter what the manual says, there is no m.2 available, at least as a default setting. I heard there are some addons, a small device or connector that if you remove the actual SATA connector, you can connect that one, but that is not the standard for all versions. My laptop came wirh sata only and no m.2, and the manual says it has m.2.
So, welcome to the sata club my friend.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.