Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-bs102nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_20200622_225146.png

IMG_20200622_224243.png

 hello everyone

Please I need help with two questions.

firstly I want to upgrade ram to 16gb(2×8)

And I attached the front and behind picture of my 4gb ram

I know if I want to upgrade I must put in my mind that the new ram must have the same frequency (2400) and work on the same voltage(1.2) and latency (i think 17) but there is something hindered me the phrase written in my RAM[1R×16] the new ram must have the same feature?because all the rams I found 1R×8 or 2R×.....

Also If there is anything important must put in my mind for the new ram I wish someone tellme.

Secondly in the manual of my laptop said I can use SSD ram up to (256gb)

What happen if I use more than 256gb?

Sorry for the prolongation and

Thank you all for your effort.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I accept your apology.

Crucial guarantees the Single Ranked • x8 memory will work in your notebook.

I can't even find single ranked x16 memory.

Your notebook's 8th gen core processor can only run the memory at a max speed of 2400 MHz.

So, you have a choice...you can buy either the 2400 MHz memory, or the 2666 MHz memory.

The 2600 MHz memory will automatically 'downclock' or 'bridge' to 2400 MHz.

Since you plan on upgrading the memory to 2 x 8 GB, and removing the 4 GB memory chip in there, you should not have compatibility issues since you are not combining the 1R x16 memory with the 1R x8 memory.

I hope that this explains things better for you.

And again...the SSD size is just what HP offered in the model series.

No doubt to keep costs low.  I can't imagine how much they would charge for a notebook with a 2 TB M.2 SSD in it.

It would be unaffordable.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Crucial memory report for your model indicates that 1Rx8 memory is supported.

https://www.crucial.in/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-15-bs102nt

They also indicate that M.2 SATA SSD's up to 1 TB are supported.

HP Recommended

Hi

Please can you give any scientific answer

Because really you dont answer me

The manufacturer said in manual up to 256gb SSD and I ask what happen if I use more than 265gb

At the same you put a link of crucial site that said it can use SSD up to 2 TB in my laptop

Who is right and who is false?

And about the ram also just give so brief non useful answer

Why ?!!!!

Please I dont wnant answer outside hp

Thank you

HP Recommended

What's wrong with my answer???

I gave you the link to a reputable website that has compatible memory for your model notebook.

What else do you need to know???

As far as the SSD, the 256 GB is what HP offered in that model series.  It is not the max capacity you can install.

You take that attitude with anyone else and I guarantee you, all you will hear back are crickets.

I don't work for or represent HP,  so good-bye.

HP Recommended

Iam so sorry mr.paul for my attitude

I wish you accept my apology🌹

Iam became anger because I explain many things and I want to understand

And you give just a link

Some people just need a link because if you explain to them may be not understand you

And when you see someone for example like me

Mention: frequency,voltage,1R×16,and asking if there is something also must put in mind when I must to buy new ram (if you can not just give a link)

Because in other tech websites  said that when you buy new ram to laptop you must take the same frequency and voltage is that right ?

Thank you very m

HP Recommended

I accept your apology.

Crucial guarantees the Single Ranked • x8 memory will work in your notebook.

I can't even find single ranked x16 memory.

Your notebook's 8th gen core processor can only run the memory at a max speed of 2400 MHz.

So, you have a choice...you can buy either the 2400 MHz memory, or the 2666 MHz memory.

The 2600 MHz memory will automatically 'downclock' or 'bridge' to 2400 MHz.

Since you plan on upgrading the memory to 2 x 8 GB, and removing the 4 GB memory chip in there, you should not have compatibility issues since you are not combining the 1R x16 memory with the 1R x8 memory.

I hope that this explains things better for you.

And again...the SSD size is just what HP offered in the model series.

No doubt to keep costs low.  I can't imagine how much they would charge for a notebook with a 2 TB M.2 SSD in it.

It would be unaffordable.

HP Recommended

Hello Mr.paul

You are so gentleman

Thank you very much

The best answer I can get

Iam very happy for the detailed explanation

Now I know exactly what to do

Thank you🌹

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your memory and SSD upgrade project went.

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.