1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade RAM from 8 to 16GB

HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq1220nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

I know that the RAM is soldered onto the motherboard but talking to the virtual agent gives me hope.

My warranty hasn't expired and I really want to upgrade from 8 to 16GB

Are there ways to trade-in the laptop for an upgraded version?

Does HP offer services that make these kind of upgrades possible?

Thank you all in advance.

proxypanther_0-1614286615214.png

1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,837 44,613 7,198 12,756
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a User to User Forum....we do not speak for HP. HP does have a trade-in program:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2008/deskjet20/tradein_program.pdf

It's unclear to me how much it would help. Your laptop is very new with the latest series processor. You might do just as well to sell it and apply the proceeds to a 16 gb model. Also one of the options is a hybrid NVME M.2 disk which has a 32 gig Optane memory module and a 512 gig SSD on the same module. While not exactly the same as doubling the RAM it would provide enhanced performance which would be roughly equivalent by installing a part you CAN replace. The memory (RAM) is soldered to the motherboard not upgradeable and I am sorry the Virtual Agent gave you information that is inapplicable and actually somewhat misleading.  Good luck.

Service Manual 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation