Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP AC146TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i would like to upgrade my new HP ac146tu. I haven't opened its insides yet, so I'm gonna ask few things about it:

How many RAM (DDR3L) slots are there inside it?

What is the maximum supported RAM capacity (GB)?

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Rhey13,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have questions about upgrading the memory. I will be glad to help you.

You did not say if it was the 14-ac146tu or 15-ac146tu, so I look at both. They are same for the memory.

see page 43 of 14-ac146tu Maintenance and Service Guide shows there is 1 slot and can have 2GB, 4GB, or 8 GB.

See page 46 of 15-ac-146tu Maintenance and Service Guide show there is 1 slot and can have 2Gb, 4GB, or 8GB.

The part numbers for the memory on both are the same.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Rhey13,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have questions about upgrading the memory. I will be glad to help you.

You did not say if it was the 14-ac146tu or 15-ac146tu, so I look at both. They are same for the memory.

see page 43 of 14-ac146tu Maintenance and Service Guide shows there is 1 slot and can have 2GB, 4GB, or 8 GB.

See page 46 of 15-ac-146tu Maintenance and Service Guide show there is 1 slot and can have 2Gb, 4GB, or 8GB.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

Hi @Rhey13,

Thanks.

Thanks... that just answered my question.. very fast.. 

another question.. is it ok to use 8GB non-ecc, unbuffered sdrams on my 14-ac146tu?

HP Recommended

Hi @rhey,

Tardis40, has not been available, and this question was forwarded to me to look at.

Checking the specific processor related memory restrictions, Intel® Celeron® Processor N3050 (2M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz) - ark.intel.com, you will find the following:

Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 8 GB

Memory Types                     DDR3L-1600

Max # of Memory Channels  2

ECC Memory Supported       No

The previously linked 14-ac146tu Maintenance and Service Guide, shows the following: DDR3L-1600 single channel support for Intel Braswell which the processor falls under.  So I would say 8GB non-ecc, unbuffered SDRAMs should work provided they are also DDR3L-1600.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.