Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-cd0070TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Im currently using the HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-cd0070TX.

It currently uses 4gb ram. I would like to upgrade to 8gb ram (one extra ). Is this possible?

With basic use of word, outlook and internet it seems to be using around 80% of memory, which i think makes the fan operate at all times. 

Firstly would an extra 4gb of ram help decrease the 80% of memory usage? Would it help basic operations? Is an extra 4gb of ram possible to install?  Does it have an extra ram slot. 

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at its specs, that should be a very powerful notebook.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory upgrade info.

With all that high end hardware, I think some of that 4 GB memory is going to support the graphics.

4 GB of memory today is inadequate and IHMO, 8 GB not a whole lot better.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03758231

I think the manual is incorrect.  If you can install 8 GB of memory in one slot, then you can install 8 GB in both slots.

The folks at Crucial agree with me...

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-x360-14-cd0070tx

I suggest you max out the memory to 2 x 8 GB for best performance.

It should make a positive difference.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at its specs, that should be a very powerful notebook.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory upgrade info.

With all that high end hardware, I think some of that 4 GB memory is going to support the graphics.

4 GB of memory today is inadequate and IHMO, 8 GB not a whole lot better.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03758231

I think the manual is incorrect.  If you can install 8 GB of memory in one slot, then you can install 8 GB in both slots.

The folks at Crucial agree with me...

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-x360-14-cd0070tx

I suggest you max out the memory to 2 x 8 GB for best performance.

It should make a positive difference.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Bit of a late reply but I appreciate your response.

If I was running two screens would this cause a lot of stress on the current 4GB of ram, would this cause the fan to always be on aswell and cause general slowness of the computer?

With this upgrade of ram would this fix most of the problems?

I assume this upgrade would be pretty easy to accomplish with the back off? its not to tricky to get around boards etc?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The fan being always on is due to the heat generated by the processor and graphics adapter due to running two screens.

A memory upgrade would not be of much help for that.

I have never taken apart any of these new notebooks to install memory.

All I can say is read the service manual carefully, and buy a set of notebook pry tools to help prevent marring or scratching the plastic when prying the notebook apart after the screws are removed.

I suggest you take a look at the Windows Resource Monitor and see how much memory is being used.

In general a memory upgrade can only improve performance.  How much is impossible to say.

HP Recommended

Currently, in the windows resource monitor the computer sits naturally around the 70+% mark all the time.

I'm sure the 16gb of ram would help keep this lower? Would this mean the computer would sit lower in that regard?

HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure that maxing out the memory would help if the memory usage is at 70%.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Once again appreciate your responses.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

If you decide to upgrade the memory, please post back and let us know the results.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Hope you had a good break.

I have the RAM in my hands now. I will upgrade tonight and get back to you.

Fingers crossed this solves the problems.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thanks.  I had a great holiday season and I hope you did as well.

I hope the extra memory helps significantly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.