Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6 3126el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all!
I have some questions about upgrating this notebook. i know it's an old laptop and there isn't much to do with it.
That's why I would like to improve it a little, the least we can expect today.
What I need is 5ghz wifi and bluetooth maybe in the same card (if it is not possible I continue to use a bluetooth usb).
After these two functions, IF POSSIBLE, to upgrade the cpu and the gpu (I don't remember if the gpu are soldered ... in this case I will consider it impossible to update).

I have read my model Manual but there are too many models of wifi cards and I did not understand with which criterion I should choose, also the manual talks about the dv6 series in general, I would not like there to be compatibility problems.
I would like some help from someone, please. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CarloHD Yes, you can, the wifi cards listed there are tested to work on your device and approved by HP,

And CPU upgrades are not supported or recommended by HP, soldered or not, I'm afraid!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CarloHD I'm afraid GPU and CPU is soldered to the motherboard, and cannot be upgraded as such, nor is it recommended by HP, 

Also, as for Wireless card, the manual you've attached, contains the information on the parts tested and approved by HP to work on your device:

(check out page. 4 Chapter 1 Product description for the approved list)

And here's the steps to replace from the same manual:

you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher So for the wifi card, can I choose one of those listed there without having to worry about compatibility?

For the CPU I'm not sure it's soldered, but I have the doubt so it may be, but  it wasn't essential to upgrade, thanks anyway for the help.

HP Recommended

@CarloHD Yes, you can, the wifi cards listed there are tested to work on your device and approved by HP,

And CPU upgrades are not supported or recommended by HP, soldered or not, I'm afraid!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Perfect, thank you very much! 

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.