Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my wireless card. It is an

Atheros Model AR5B125 PCI-Express

I researched best wireless cards and found the 

Intel 7260.HMWG.R Wireless Half Mini Card

is supposed to be good. Will this work? If not what is a good one that will. How do I check compatibility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I noticed from the specs for your notebook that it comes with a Celeron processor.

I think that the Intel 7260 card only works on PC's with the core processors.

The card shows up and everything but it will not find any wifi networks.

I suggest you try one of these two Broadcom wifi cards...

AC:

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

Dual band N:

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

You can find either card on eBay by searching by the HP part number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I noticed from the specs for your notebook that it comes with a Celeron processor.

I think that the Intel 7260 card only works on PC's with the core processors.

The card shows up and everything but it will not find any wifi networks.

I suggest you try one of these two Broadcom wifi cards...

AC:

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

Dual band N:

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

You can find either card on eBay by searching by the HP part number.

HP Recommended

Thank You! This is a big help, I will look into the two you recommended.🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you decide to replace the wifi adapter, please post back and let us know how the upgrade went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.