Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15-CW1004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I currently use a HP Pavillion 15-CW1004na laptop computer.

Motherboard is HP8615 Ryzen3  3300U with Radeon Vega 6 graphics.

I want to upgrade the keyboard to a backlit version. I looked in the service manual for the computer & it has a backlit keyboard with part number listed (L24752-xx1).

I'm not sure how many model versions of the HP Pavillion series the service manual covers & if the listed part is compatible with my Pavillion 15-CW1004na.

My HP8615 seems to have a socket for the LED power to a backlit keyboard ( at least the socket seems to be in the same position as the motherboard diagram illustrates.)

Could someone please let me know if this laptop has actually got a compatible backlit keyboard.

Many Thanks from a confused owner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DD001 

Normally, you need a system board with connectors for lights on the keyboard. Please use page 65 of the following Guide to work out 

1. Color
  2. Language

of the key board and order the right part. You have to replace the WHOLE top, not just keyboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DD001 

Normally, you need a system board with connectors for lights on the keyboard. Please use page 65 of the following Guide to work out 

1. Color
  2. Language

of the key board and order the right part. You have to replace the WHOLE top, not just keyboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.