Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have hp 15-bs058ca notebook . I want to know if it have any m.2 ssd slot or not . If it has any then which type of ssd I should buy? Please tell me its urgent.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Parminder_Singh Welcome to HP Community!

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed below are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

For more details refer to Page. 3 > Chapter 1 > Product description: click here to access it

You have: One M.2 slot for SSD

For steps on replacing or adding the part, visit page. 58 Chapter 6 Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Provider parts using the above link.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sir please let me know the proper model or type of compatible m.2 ssd for my laptop model because the link you reffered is not clarifying it.

HP Recommended

@Parminder_Singh The proper type as mentioned in the link I referred you to is: M.2 SATA3 VALUE SSD,

there's no model as such, you can use any brand or model as long as it doesn't exceed the 256GB storage capacity as that's what's tested by HP as of now.

I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot Sir for your valuable guidance. Sir I checked the port on my laptop motherboard for m.2 is with one single notch which refers me to M-key as much I do understand. So please tell me Sir that can I use only sata3 which comes with two keys b&m or I can use m.2 nvme with m key or m.2 pcie with m key.

It will clear my confusion Sir.

HP Recommended

@Parminder_Singh The pleasure is all mine, as far as I see, the only M.2 SSD slot supported by your device is the SATA 3, I suggest you go with the same, although, if you wish to try the other SSD's you may at your own discretion as it may or may not work.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.