Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 DB0069WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the Ram memory and add an SSD drive to this PC also is it posible to change the graphics card and processor to fully upgrade it? I just buoght it and I’m planning to upgrade it in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JuanRoman

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

Did you check your service and maintenance guide to get the detailed information on what you can upgrade on this device?

Click here to verify the same, if you haven't done it yet.

Under Page. 2 - Chapter 1 - Product description, you should find information about RAM memory and SSD drive upgrades tested and approved by HP for your PC model,

Also, mentioned under Page 1, are graphics card upgrades compatible with this model, however, we do not recommend changing the graphics card or the processor as it's integrated into the laptop's motherboard and isn't advisable, however, you may do it at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JuanRoman

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

Did you check your service and maintenance guide to get the detailed information on what you can upgrade on this device?

Click here to verify the same, if you haven't done it yet.

Under Page. 2 - Chapter 1 - Product description, you should find information about RAM memory and SSD drive upgrades tested and approved by HP for your PC model,

Also, mentioned under Page 1, are graphics card upgrades compatible with this model, however, we do not recommend changing the graphics card or the processor as it's integrated into the laptop's motherboard and isn't advisable, however, you may do it at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From what I can see in the service manual HP linked, you can upgrade the following with the 15-db0069wm laptop;

• Add RAM
    • Has 2x DDR4 SO-DIMMS on the Motherboard
    • Has 1x 8GB Stick @ DDR4-2400 in this model's config
      • Can throw a another 8GB stick to get to 16GB
      • This will also get you daul-channel, which will help CPU and GPU performance a bit
  • Add a SSD
    • It has a free M.2 slot (Size - M.2 2280, this means 80mm length)
      • So something like the HP EX900 SSD should fit
      • Size noted on page 88 in the PDF
    • Supports both SATA and NVMe drives
  • Upgrade Wireless
    • A filled M.2 Slot for it's Wifi support
    • Doesn't say what size it is in the manual
    • Caveat to upgrading, most likely won't have the extra antennas built into the screen.
      • Example swaping to a MIMO 2x2 from a 1x1.
    • Side note, might be interesting to experiment with an eGPU.
      • Might just be a 1x PCI-E slot though.
      • BIOS may not support this
      • Kind of turns your laptop into a desktop. No easy way to quick disconnect / connection
  • GPU / CPU
    • All configs for the 15 Series are AMD APUs (CPU + GPU in one chip)
      • Including the Ryzen 2500U in this model
    • Not upgradable / replacable
      • They are solder on to the mobother board as a BGA.
        • Not replaceable unless you have some expensive equipment and have done BGA reworking before.
      • For 99% of latops, the CPU and GPU is NOT replaceable.
  • Hard Drive
    • This is just a standard 1TB SATA drive.
    • Any 2.5in drive can be swiped in here

Really happy HP provides this kind of detailed information for their systems. One of the reasons why I recommend them.

HP Recommended

I know the manual says that the ssd M.2 storage can be upgraded but if I want to put a 256gb Nvme M.2 SSD with a 1gb SATA 3 SSD should  it work fine with it? Also If I put an PC4L 2rx8 ram memory in the same same slot beside a PC4 1rx8 should the PC would run good or I need to do a BIOS update? 

HP Recommended

@JuanRoman,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I understand you still need information regarding upgrading the parts on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

I did go through the product specifications and found that your PC was shipped with AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Quad-Core (2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz burst frequency, 6 MB cache) processor.

Here's the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook: 

So, your PC does support Dual storage FonƭgurDtions (Ryzen and A9 processors):

256 GB, PCIe, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

128 GB, SATA-3, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

Next thing, regarding the Memory: 

Two memory module slots (Ryzen, A9 processors):

Memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable

DDR4-2400 dual channel support (Ryzen processors)

DDR4-1866 dual channel support (A9 processors)

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations

● 16384 MB (8192 MB×2)

● 12288 MB (8192 MB×1 + 4096 MB×1)

● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1 + 4096×2)

● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1)

If you are making any hardware changes on the PC, it's recommended to go ahead and update the Bios. 

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.