Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
M1V66UA
Linux

Hello.

I have purchased a HP ENVY X360 M6 CONVERTIBLE from Amazon an year ago and have recently added HP Carepack to extend to an additional 2 YEAR PICKUP & RETURN SERVICE. 

My laptop came with 8GB RAM by default and there is an additional RAM slot. I would like to add an additional 8GB RAM but the RAM slot on this particular model is not easily accessible by user. I would like to know if HP can perform RAM upgrade or if there is any place like BestBuy which can assist in RAM upgrade without voiding current warranty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that your need is to enable the Legacy Boot support

Yes you can get the RAM upgrade done from Best Buy Geek squad

HP warranty will not get Void by upgrading the RAM

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that your need is to enable the Legacy Boot support

Yes you can get the RAM upgrade done from Best Buy Geek squad

HP warranty will not get Void by upgrading the RAM

Hope this helped.

I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

HP Recommended
Thank You for the reply. I have got no problems installing or using Linux on this HP laptop (Most HP laptops I came across worked perfectly well out of box with Linux making this my preferred brand 😄 ). I will visit Best Buy Geek Squad soon regarding my RAM upgrade. Problem is resolved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.