Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cu0010TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a non backlit keyboard in my laptop. I want to upgrade it to backlit keyboard. Is it possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible, but it will be expensive and a lot of work. Certain models in that series came with backlit keyboard.

The keyboard comes as one part with top cover, so that is what you would need to replace.

On page 17 of service manual you you can see the various keyboard/top cover in different layouts with part number. So, you will need to find the correct part by searching online with part number. Example US keyboard with backlight, part number L24925-001

They are very difficult to find, however you could try at your nearest HP service centre. They will be real expensive.

Next you would need to completly dismantle the PC and insert all the parts in the new top cover.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06140008

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I don't think so. It would require custom drivers which HP would not support. You could always buy a USB backlit keyboard

jamqua

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible, but it will be expensive and a lot of work. Certain models in that series came with backlit keyboard.

The keyboard comes as one part with top cover, so that is what you would need to replace.

On page 17 of service manual you you can see the various keyboard/top cover in different layouts with part number. So, you will need to find the correct part by searching online with part number. Example US keyboard with backlight, part number L24925-001

They are very difficult to find, however you could try at your nearest HP service centre. They will be real expensive.

Next you would need to completly dismantle the PC and insert all the parts in the new top cover.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06140008

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.