Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello yesterday i upgrated my ram memory from 2x4gb to 2x8gb the new memory that i got is Crusial 8gb DDR4-3200 MHz but for some reason the memory speed is at 1866mhz can you help me bump it up because i cant do anything from BIOS settings!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at is 1866 MHz.

So any memory you install that is faster than 1866 MHz, such as 2400, 2666 or 3200 is going to bridge to 1866 MHz.

Memory cannot run any faster than the processor is capable of running it at.

Nothing you can do about it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at is 1866 MHz.

So any memory you install that is faster than 1866 MHz, such as 2400, 2666 or 3200 is going to bridge to 1866 MHz.

Memory cannot run any faster than the processor is capable of running it at.

Nothing you can do about it.

HP Recommended

Can i then change the processor is that doable in that particular laptop? 

HP Recommended

The processor is not upgradable since it is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it).

None of the motherboards in your notebook's service manual come with processors that can run the memory faster than 1866 MHz.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.