Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi! Im back with a new problem .... and i hope  you can help me this time too. 

Untill recently, i used my phone as an internet source for my laptop, by that i mean i connect the phone to laptop through usb cable and make a thetering connection.

About 3 days ago i was disconected with the error ( usb not recognized), and i knew it was from the cable (it was pretty old, so i replaced today with a new original one( my phone is a samsung a50, if it matter). When i connect the phone, the same error appeared.... i tried on the other usb port.... still the same... it says it can not be recognized and that it may be the device fault.....

I looked online and i tried a lot of fixes like updating the usb driver, unnistall it , and how i am trying the recovery mode.... none of this works..... i really dont know what is happening ( i forgot to menționa that not even my phone does not connect properly i mean ussualy it let me choose " only charching, transfer photos,  thetering through usb etc....., but now those options does not appear)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AlecssGeorge Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the mobile to the computer.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Have you tried to connect the mobile device to a different computer and checked?

As you have stated that another mobile connects fine.

I would suggest you update the mobile and check. Please take the backup of your mobile device and perform the factory reset and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Update!!

Somehow after many restarts, my phone is now readed by my laptop.... but it connects/disconects  over and over and over again like is possesed by a demon...... on both usb ports it does the same.... but only with my phone, on another phone this demon thing does not happen

HP Recommended

@AlecssGeorge Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the mobile to the computer.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Have you tried to connect the mobile device to a different computer and checked?

As you have stated that another mobile connects fine.

I would suggest you update the mobile and check. Please take the backup of your mobile device and perform the factory reset and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

somehow, after a factory reset on my phone, everything is fine.... but i still wonder, why this happened? or what could be the reason? there was no update on my phone... it just started and that was it.

I again thanks you very much!

HP Recommended

@AlecssGeorge

I understand your concerns.

The phone patch files will not work. That is the reason you are unable to connect the device to the computer.

After resetting your phone. The patch files working fine.

In the future, if you have concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.