Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

My fingerprint device stopped sensing swpie on it. whether while adding new fingerprint or using HP simplepass to login windows. This happend after recent windows update feature -1709.

I've no idea what changes related to fingerprint device, the windows auto update has installed to my computer.

I don't see validity sensor driver in  hp support website for windows 10 operating system.

Kindly help me in getting it working.

Thanks,

Anand.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Anand_B

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the validity Fingerprint Sensor in windows 10 not working,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check with any alternate applications, apart from the HP Simple pass?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

Install the HP Simple Pass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe 
If the issue persists, Please Click here to download the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader (if need be) & if your

Simple Pass Software isn't working: 

Click here to download a different version of the same software. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for your time.

I haven't really tried any alternative. Simple pass was preinstalled in windows 8.1 and i continue to use it even after windows 10 upgrade.

on your recommendations - 

sp71729 - detected an existing software - AuthenTec FingerPrint - and prompts to uninstall it. I've no idea how to do that as no such software exists in 'Programs and Features' 

sp72114 - install window disappears without any message

sp63224 - installed successfully, however the issue persists. My fingerprint device doesn't recogonize anything i'm getting green and red lights however.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Anand_B

I see that you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher. He is out of office and I'm here to help!

Follow the steps below to install or update the fingerprint sensor drivers or security applications.

1. Go to HP Drivers and Downloads.

2. Enter your product name or number in the Enter product name or number box, and then click Go.

You might need select a model number from a list before you can access the support page for your product. If so, select your model number from the list.

3. From your product support site, select Drivers & software.

4. Select your language and operating system from the drop-down menus under Select driver language and OS.

5. Choose to download the Validity Fingerprint Sensor driver or HP SimplePass application, as needed:

• In the Driver - Keyboard, Mouse, and Input Devices section, click Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

• In the Software - Security section, click HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software.

6. Click Download, and then click Save to save the file to a convenient location on your hard drive, such as the desktop on the computer.

7. Double-click the downloaded file and then follow the instructions to install the driver or software.

Restart the PC and try to set up the simple pass again. 

If the issue persists, check the steps listed here: Solved: simple pass not working windows 10 - HP Support Community - 5176360

That should help. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

After several days of attempts, here is the solution that finally worked for me:

- I uninstalled the Validity FIngerprint Sensor - checking "Delete Driver Files" (previously, without deleting the files, there was no result)

- after this, I rebooted the system - at this point a new device driver showed up, different from the Validity (and, I guess, now bundled with Windows and conflicting with the Validity driver):

Fingerprint Driver.PNG

- at this point, the sensor started to work again.

Before this (but I think, it had no impact on solving the issue) I had also updated the BIOS to the new version available on the HP website, and reset the sensor through the BIOS interface. But I think the real issue was the conflict between the two drivers, and the fact that the Validity driver took precedence even when uninstalled, if undeleted.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Robdimeglio

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumbs up" to give me "Kudos".

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@Anand_B

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the validity Fingerprint Sensor in windows 10 not working,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check with any alternate applications, apart from the HP Simple pass?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend you do:

Install the HP Simple Pass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe 
If the issue persists, Please Click here to download the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader (if need be) & if your

Simple Pass Software isn't working: 

Click here to download a different version of the same software. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Is there difference between "Validity Sensors(WBF) (PID=0018) " and "Synaptics FP Sensors(WBF) (PID=003f)" since I have tried downloading and installing  Synaptics FP Sensors(WBF) (PID=003f) from your link above  "the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader"? But, it didn't install at all, there was no response after clicking on that WBFDDKSetupH, although there was a prepartion shown to install.

My laptop name is HP Pavilin dv6.

HP Recommended

solution is sp74365

HP Recommended

@CONSULCLOUD wrote:

solution is sp74365

The latest versioin of Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver is SP63418  for the V4.5.228.0 REV  A.
There is no sp74365 for Validity Sensor. I think you mean it is for Snaptic Sensor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.