Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding my laptop. Currently, I am considering upgrading the WIFI adapter for my Hp envy 15t-j000 Quad Edition notebook. I really want to add blutooth to it, because it came without it.  I did some research on my own, and found that I could upgrade it to a "Intel Wireless-AC 7260HMW Network Card Dual Band 802.11abgn+ac 2x2 Bluetooth 4.0."  Before I go out and buy anything, I just wanted reassurance that I am purchasing the right tool for the right job. Thanks in advance and have a pleasant day.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the model and part number you want...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the model and part number you want...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I'm now in the process of purchasing one off eBay. I'll make sure to get back in touch with you, once I get it and install it. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can find them pretty cheap on eBay.

I got mine from China a couple of years ago.

I didn't mind the 2 week shipping time to the USA.

Now with the coronavirus, I might be leery of ordering something directly from China for a while.

HP Recommended

Hey, just getting back in touch with you to let you know it just came in today. Went on ahead and installed it, and it works wonders. Again, thank you so much and stay safe. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please stay safe and well too!

This too, shall pass.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have similar scenario and I will get the same card.

I am waiting for this this corona lock down to finish

probably, it will be a long wait 🙂

every one stay safe 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.