Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G3 (T7W00EA#ABH)

Hi forum members,

I'm willing to buy a HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation with product number "T7W00EA#ABH". All specs are good, but I get confused about one specfic specification... the WLAN card!

Some sites say there is a wireless card included and some say it is not.  Also on the HP site itself I cannot find it, it looks in the datasheet that all models have a wireless card included. Isn't it strange if a laptop does not have a wireless card these days?

Who can help me to find the real answer?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Sidney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well then, it may have the other wlan card.

Either way, the product number is what you need to enter in the parts surfer website.

When you enter the #ABH or ABU, nothing shows up.

And either way, they are both top of the line wlan cards.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I can assure you there is a wireless card. I am sending this on a Zbook G3 MWS, have had the back off of it and can testify from personal knowledge that there is a wireless card. I think the exact card shipped with the unit is a matter of customization, but all of them will have one or the other wireless card. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I hope someone with the exact same product number replies or someone from HP self. Because I don't have a HP Carepack I cannot chat with them.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the same product # for sale in the UK.

If you look at the specs page, it has wireless, and the probably the best available at this time...

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/workstations/0005211960

802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2

HP Recommended

...and here is the official HP parts list for that product number...enter the product number in the box at the link below...

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Under the wireless interface section, there are two models offered for that build, and you already know that it is this one, since that other site listed the wireless specs...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260NGW 802.11a/b/g/n+ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination adapter

HP Recommended

The only thing about the UK site is the product/model number: T7W00EA#ABU.

The webshop I want to buy it: T7W00EA#ABH.

HP Recommended

Well then, it may have the other wlan card.

Either way, the product number is what you need to enter in the parts surfer website.

When you enter the #ABH or ABU, nothing shows up.

And either way, they are both top of the line wlan cards.

HP Recommended

Thanks for helping me out and I'm confident enough to buy it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What I think is...if it is brand new (recently manufactured), it will have the newer card with bluetooth 4.2.

If the notebook is new old stock, then it will have the older Intel 7260 card.

Either way, both cards should meet all of your wireless connectivity needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.