Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

TLDR: Has anyone taken HP to the UK small claims court to get a replacement or refund for a laptop that has needed to go in for repair several times?

I have a 15-bl001na Spectre x360 under extended warranty which I've had to send in for repair three times for various major hardware failures. I have another raft of hardware issues.

It powers off randomly even when plugged in. There are white vertical lines on the screen when the brightnes is high and it occasionally goes bonkers with horizontal blocks of lines, colours and what looks like interference.

Laptop White Lines Issue https://imgur.com/gallery/9hDr81m

Laptop screen issue https://imgur.com/gallery/BW5ojDf

The screen also looks to have some burn in, the Windows Hello icon and text are sometimes faintly visible even after login. I've tested it with an external monitor so it's not a software issue. I have ghost touches on the screen and touchpad, the cursor sometimes goes wild darting all over the screen. The bottom panel looks like it's warped. It boots really slowly even after wiping and reloading the OS, I've lost count of how many times I've done this. And the final indignity is that the rubber feet have peeled off!

I asked for a replacement when I sent it back last time but I was assured it would be fixed permanently. It hasn't.

I assume it's too late for refund, so I'd settle for a replacement. But what do I need to do? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's taken HP to the UK Small Claims Court. I think this will be my only avenue if HP refuse to replace it again. I depend on it for my job so this is making life very difficult.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mouse-rat 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

I am sorry you feel stuck.

Our Community is not the right venue for this sort of rhetoric.

We are volunteers - owners and users of HP Technology and Devices.

I have submitted your comments to the moderation team.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I've seen other posts regarding warranty disputes or ones unhappy with customer service outcomes. My post is basically that. I'm specifically interested if anyone had successfully used comsumer protection laws to resolve issues. So I'm not sure why my post has been referred for moderation. I'm happy to reword it if the issue is with with the way I've described my issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@mouse-rat 

You are welcome.

Wording aside, our Community is not in a position to support discussions involving legal actions, worst case scenarios, "what if", and other issues that are not part of our mission.

Experts and Agents in the Community are not going to start, continue, support, or participate in a conversation of this type.

That said, your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate group.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@mouse-rat

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I've got your message and I've sent a reply. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.