Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-du0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP notebook 15s-du00xx model. I bought my laptop in January this year. My laptop started shutting down even on 30% battery so I run an HP diagnostic test on my laptop. It told me that my battery was weak and needed replacement. I checked about the status of my warranty online on HP website, entered my product number and found out that the start date and end date for my manufacturer warranty were September 30, 2019 and November 28, 2020 respectively. Also my extended warranty's end date was on November 28, 2022. I contacted HP services and gave them this info and expressed my desire for a battery replacement under a warranty. They told me that battery replacement for non-commercial laptops wasn't covered under extended warranty, and the end date for the manufacturer warranty shown on the website is just the date 1 year, 2 months after manufacturer date and just shows us an estimate of end date of warranty and not actual end date. They asked me for my invoice as proof that the laptop was purchased within the last year, which I couldn't produce as I've misplaced my invoice somewhere.

So I want to ask two things: i) does the end date for warranty shown on the website really doesn't mean anything and is just there for show?

and ii) is free battery replacement for non-commercial laptops really not covered under under my extended warranty which includes deliverables: HW Problem Diagnosis, Material, N-CSR Battery Replace and Onsite Support. 

If someone can solve my issue it will be a very big help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GreenPanda34

I reviewed your post and I understand that the warranty information showing on the website is incorrect and you are facing issues with the battery.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, the battery is not covered in extended warranty plans. If the laptop is under manufacturer warranty and the information on the HP website is incorrect you need to provide the invoice copy of your laptop and the warranty information will be updated accordingly.

However, as you have mentioned that you have misplaced the purchase invoice you can request the store to issue a duplicate invoice copy and I am positive that they will surely give you one. If you have purchased it online then in most of the e-commerce websites there will be an option to download the invoice or you can contact them and they will provide you a duplicate copy of the invoice.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GreenPanda34

I reviewed your post and I understand that the warranty information showing on the website is incorrect and you are facing issues with the battery.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, the battery is not covered in extended warranty plans. If the laptop is under manufacturer warranty and the information on the HP website is incorrect you need to provide the invoice copy of your laptop and the warranty information will be updated accordingly.

However, as you have mentioned that you have misplaced the purchase invoice you can request the store to issue a duplicate invoice copy and I am positive that they will surely give you one. If you have purchased it online then in most of the e-commerce websites there will be an option to download the invoice or you can contact them and they will provide you a duplicate copy of the invoice.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for reviewing my post.

I was able to find my invoice in an old folder and now will be able to submit it when asked for. So my issue has been resolved. But still thank you for taking your time and providing me help and support. 🙂

Have a great day. Cheers!

HP Recommended

@GreenPanda34

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.