TplusG2929
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

What WiFi card can be used to upgrade HP 15-G002AX

HP Recommended
HP 15-G002AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The stock WiFi card is very slow, I am thinking of replacing it with a faster WiFi card (5 Ghz).

- Could anyone please tell me, what are my options here?

(Hoping there is no BIOS lock in HP 15-G002AX)

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,981 90,858 11,706 25,066
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TplusG2929 wrote:

The stock WiFi card is very slow, I am thinking of replacing it with a faster WiFi card (5 Ghz).

- Could anyone please tell me, what are my options here?

(Hoping there is no BIOS lock in HP 15-G002AX)

@TplusG2929 

Your machine was built around 2014, the chance to have whitelist list is 50/50. You can always use USB dongle, for example

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

I bought that one last year for testing on one of my 10 years old machine and very happy with it. Now I'm using both and machine is smart enough to pick the faster one for download.

2netsx.png

There are many brands around and cheaper too

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation