Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-1260us

Hi, I currently have a very old HP Pavilion g7-1260us, and I'm trying to upgrade the ram, storage, and CPU. I have found storage and ram substitutes, but I don't know what CPU I can upgrade to. I have upgraded it to windows 10, but I'm not sure if it's 64 bit or 32 bit. I think it may be 64 bit. The motherboard is 1671, by HP, and the version is 09.4B. A list of the available CPUs would be great. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c02834058.pdf (hp.com)

Chapter 1, pages 2 & 3 have the list of supported Intel processors.

The best processor you can upgrade to according to the manual, would be the Intel Core i7-2620M dual core processor.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c02834058.pdf (hp.com)

Chapter 1, pages 2 & 3 have the list of supported Intel processors.

The best processor you can upgrade to according to the manual, would be the Intel Core i7-2620M dual core processor.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your answer, I also had a question on this same forum about the motherboard. What is the best motherboard that I can buy that is compatible with this laptop?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can find the list of supported Intel motherboards in chapter 3 of the service manual.

Where you would be able to find one, unfortunately I have no idea. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have been looking at chapter 4, I see the list but unfortunately, I have no idea what these words mean. If I were to buy the CPU you suggested, which mobo should I get?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't have to buy a different motherboard to install the i7 processor.

You can remove the i3 processor yours comes with, and install the i7 processor into the existing motherboard.

See chapter 4 of the service manual starting on page 90 for how to remove and replace the processor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.