Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion laptop 15-cs1063cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP pavilion laptop 15-cs1063cl and am looking for a docking station that will handle 1 HDMI monitor, at at least 3 USB ports, ethernet.   Not sure which docking stations will work with this laptop so any recommendations would be helpful.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These are the specs:

You have one of the newer USB-C ports but it is the data transfer only kind which means it does not carry a native video signal. The dock you use must have DisplayLink capability so it can use USB protocol for video instead of Alt-DP. It also cannot charge via USB-C so you will need to use your regular laptop AC adapter or a second one you purchase with the dock. 

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Charging-Delivery-Specific-Thunderbolt/dp/B01FKTZLBS/ref=sr_1_8?keyw...

Unfortunately the less expensive docks use the native video signal from the Thunderbolt or Alt-DP USB-C port, and yours has neither of those so most of the less expensive docks will work with everything except the screen. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

These are the specs:

You have one of the newer USB-C ports but it is the data transfer only kind which means it does not carry a native video signal. The dock you use must have DisplayLink capability so it can use USB protocol for video instead of Alt-DP. It also cannot charge via USB-C so you will need to use your regular laptop AC adapter or a second one you purchase with the dock. 

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Charging-Delivery-Specific-Thunderbolt/dp/B01FKTZLBS/ref=sr_1_8?keyw...

Unfortunately the less expensive docks use the native video signal from the Thunderbolt or Alt-DP USB-C port, and yours has neither of those so most of the less expensive docks will work with everything except the screen. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.  Very helpful and placed an order for the recommended product.  Best regards.

HP Recommended

hi there, I have a hp pavilion laptop 15-aw008ax and I want to run 2 or maybe 3 if possible external monitors, hoping to use the laptop with the lid down and just use the 2 or 3 monitors ( for online trading ). I have no USB c port, only an hdmi and 3 usb 3.0 ports,at least i think theyre 3.0... I would like to know if I can use one of the hp ultraslim docking station like the one Model: HSTNN-1X10 and Serial: 5CG821XYFY to achieve this. I was recommended to use an hp usb c dock but because I dont have a usb c port on my laptop would I need to run an adapter for that? for the usb c plug to plug into my usb 3.0 port? Can you recommend a model for me? thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Same question but for a Pavilion 15-cs2073cl.  MIGHT run 2 monitors.  

HP Recommended

If you have a question on a different model please start your own thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.