Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I work for a company that repairs HP Probooks, and we recently stumbled upon this chip installed in the top cover of an HP Probook 450 G2.

chip1.PNG

The chip itself is not attached to anything when installed in the top cover, and isn't marked with anything to indicate what it does. The only markings on the chip are "Copyright 2014 HP."

This is a picture of the chip installed in the top cover:

chip3.PNG

I would really appreciate feedback on this, as I have shown this to multiple I.T. professionals who also have no idea what this chip does.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It appears to be some sort of chip.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It appears to be some sort of chip.

HP Recommended

Yes but... what do?

HP Recommended

I need an answer to this... I haven't slept in months just thinking about what this chip does...

PLEASE!

HP Recommended

Does anyone know???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.