Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Also a 9mm optical drive, but the SSD is more of a mystery. Sketches show an M.2 slot to the right of the battery but there is nothing about it in the text. So not clear what ity can take or even if it really is present on your specific laptop. 

Manual 

HP Recommended

Huffer,

It appears that all we really know is that I can switch out the DVD for a BD.  SSD, RAM and battery are best left untouched, or are they?  I appreciate your efforts to date, sir.

JP

HP Recommended

If it were mine I would just open it up and see what's in there but that may be a little reckless for some.

HP Recommended

Huffer,

On the contrary; nothing ventured, nothing gained.  The laptop's out of warranty, but I lack the screwdrivers required at present to detach the back cover.  I'll take a look around or consult with a local tech.  I'll conclude that we're through here.

G'day,

JP

HP Recommended

Yeah I believe I have done all I can. All you need is a simple tech Phillips screwdriver you can get on amazon for a couple bucks and a good tech set of different screwdrivers might cost 10. 

HP Recommended

Huffer,

Perhaps, but it is best to know in advance whether one can perform an operation before applying their application.  It's much like knowing the Rules of Court before filing a motion using only the substantive law.  You get the picture.

Aloha,

JP

HP Recommended

Huffer,

Perhaps, but I was very specific about my machine's identity.  Review:

What is the best blu-ray burner that will fit in my HP Envy17, model = 17t-bw000.

HP Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 17, Model 17t-bw000 and I want to upgrade the optical drive from DVD Writer to a Blu-ray burner.  If it will help, the ProdID is 2YY27AV.  

You recommended:

Sold by: Maitlan

$72.99

You also provided a Maintenance and Service Manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06001790

But then:

This thread started out with a description of a laptop that has an Intel Core i7 processor. I see now that at some point I was apparently no longer in communication with the OP. I am not sure I was told exactly what hardware you have so my advice is all based on the laptop that was the original subject of the thread. That is why I always caution to start your own thread and do not jump in on someone else's no matter how much it looks like the same issue. Sorry I did not detect the change of screen name.

Oh?  Then you and HP differ on that point, since it is its position that we members NOT reinvent the wheel by NOT using an existing thread that closely resembles our query.  That way, HP cuts down on the number of outstanding threads.  It makes sense to me.

I'm depressed.  The BD you suggested arrived in the mail, but you provided me with a Maintenance and Service Manual for an HP Envy when I distinctly indicated at the outset that mine is an HP Pavilion, and that information appears at the bottom of your initial reply.  I don't want to even open the box if it isn't the "9mm" drive size you advised.  We also discussed a number of other matters, and I now fear that your advice on everything was based entirely upon your misunderstanding of the machine I actually have.

Therefore, please provide me with the correct Maintenance and Service Manual, for starters.  I can then determine the correct replacement parts and procedure from there.  If you will also please tell if  I do have the wrong BD, then I must arrange for its possible return and credit rather than refund and hope that there is another BD that fits my machine's dimensions or give up.

Itshay appenshay!

JP

HP Recommended

I think I did say your model also has a 9mm optical drive so the one you bought will fill the bill. Seriously any time you are talking about service on 2 different models of laptop it justifies and even demands separate threads. See how much confusion has been created?

Service Manual 

HP Recommended

Huffer,

"Seriously any time you are talking about service on 2 different models of laptop it justifies and even demands separate threads."

What can

jpmcmorrow
Level 1
Welcome back, jpmcmorrow
As a registered member, you can now post your own questions, engage with other members, personalize your profile, subscribe to relevant discussions to get regular updates, and more.
Go ahead and get started
  • Choose a profile picture
  • Give someone a kudo
  • Post your first question
Ready to post your question? Ask the community

I'll say.  I only have one model and was only talking about one model.

May I respectfully suggest that HP not encourage members to SEARCH FIRST for related questions then mislead them to click "I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION" buttons.  Since you feel that strongly about it, acknowledge that the fault lies with, for lack of a better term, your handler and not with me, sir.  Take it up with it to make essential steps like that abundantly clear!

I asked for the HP ENVY 17 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide since you were able to provide one for the Pavilion.  May I have that now, please, so that we may move on from this unhappy encounter today?  Do that, and I will click the "Problem Solved" button to close out the case.

Sorry for the hassle and thank you for your efforts to date.

JP

HP Recommended

Since you did not start this thread you have no ability to Mark anything as solution. And this thread already has a solution. Good luck. 

BTW I did link you to your Manual. Look above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.