Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 15" OLED (2019)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm new to NVMe and from what I understand, they have a finite amount of data that can be written to them before there is a risk of failure.  I've often seen it expressed in TBW (Terabytes Written). 

My concern is that if I'm writing a lot of big files to the drive (it's a 2TB Toshiba KXG50PNV2T04 KIOXIA), then I could reach that failure point rather quickly. 

I've researched online and even emailed the manufacturer and can't seem to find this info.  I'd greatly appreciate any help! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Steve_333 

Product Specs:

• Sequential read speeds up to 3,000MB/s
  • Sequential write speeds up to 2,200MB/s
  • Max 4K Random Read IOPS: 320,000
  • Max 4K Random Write IOPS: 265,000
  • High quality 3D TLC NAND
  • 1.5 Million hour MTBF

More info

https://www.amazon.com.au/Toshiba-XG5-P-KXG50PNV2T04-Internal-Solid/dp/B07GL1KCB6

By the way, you can get more or less and only God knows.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the fast reply.  I did see the 1.5 million hour rating however I’m trying to figure out how much total data can be written to the drive. I.e., the 

Samsung 970 EVO SSD 2TB says you can write 1,200 Terabytes (TBW)

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.